Monthly Archives: December 2013
Deck the hall with boughs of holly,Fa la la la la la la la la. Tis the season to be jolly,Fa la la la la la la la la!
Have a lovely holiday and amidst all the festivities please find some time to do some Geography work too!
1. Work on your Unit 4 Research topic. You should have completed quite a bit by the time you return to school to take off some of the pressure next term.
2. Revision of work about energy, water, biodiversity and superpowers – extra reading and notes.
See you in 2014!
I wish you a Merry Christmas, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
So, in between all the festive celebrations please find some time for some Geography:
1. A3 Summary notes on the ‘Effects of Global Warming ïn the Arctic’.
Permafrost in the North
2. A3 Summary notes on the ‘Effects of Global Warming ïn the Africa’. Remember to include information about the environmental, social, economic and political effects.
These websites may help:
3. Read the photocopied pack on climate change and write some notes on it (for your own use).
4. Extra reading of Geography in the news that is related to you such as:
And many others on your page for World at Risk on this blog!!! The more effort you put into your reading the better you will do in the AS Level exams in the Summer.
This is the trailer for the documentary about the possible problem of keeping Orca whales in captivity (like at Sea World in Florida)
I love Louis Theroux’s reporting style. Here he goes to meet people who go hunting for fun in parks in S Africa (it may shock you somewhat what you see!)
These two are about stopping poaching. The first is in S Africa:
And this is filmed in Botswana, Mozambique and Tanzania: