1. Oxford Pg 78-81 Write detailed notes to identify the economic, social and environmental reasons why Africa has not benefitted from global connections.
2. Oxford Pg 86-89 Write detailed notes to explain:
a)Why has China grown so quickly?
b)The impacts of China’s rapid growth.
3. Oxford pg 89-91Write detailed notes to explain:
a)How has India developed so quickly?
b)Has everyone benefitted from this growth?
Study Figure 4
- A) Using Fig 4 and your own knowledge, explain why some groups of people within a country have a lower level of development than others (10)
- B) Using named examples, assess the advantages and disadvantages of top down and bottom up development strategies (15)
THIS WILL BE HANDED IN TO ME ON TUESDAY (3RD MARCH) AND THEN PEER MARKED IN CLASS ON WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK……SOMETHING A BIT DIFFERENT!
Remember there will be a test with 2 A and 2 B questions about the Development gap topic next week on Wednesday when I am away on International Award – so please study carefully for it.
b) Using examples, examine how nations are classified into different types of global groupings (15)
b) Explain how TNCs and trade blocs have contributed towards globalisation (15)
To be handed in next Wednesday 25 February
Described by many as the ‘new scramble for Africa’, the US, China and other nations are attempting to consolidate their grip on Africa’s natural resources and its growing consumer class. Empire travels to Kenya, France and the USA to examine who is gaining, who is losing and what it means to Africans. Published on Jul 27, 2014